No official team member yet. Once the preliminary conditions are in place, we can start to hire. Right now, the Institute is in gestation, being constructed, working on establishing a research, coaching, retreat Team for the American campus as well as one additional Holistic Retreat campus in a tropical developing country. As of now, we are considering Ecuador, Costa Rica, Panama, Thailand or the Philippines. For the rationale governing a tropical “health vacation” campus, see the Institute’s Rejuvenation Retreat Center project. We will also file a 501 (c) 3 application in order to get a tax deductible donation status. When possible, the Institute is organizing the conditions under which an international non profit organization will be able to make a significant difference in the way health-care is practiced and managed.
Trained in Conventional Medicine, Traditional Chinese Acupuncture, Naturopathy, oenology and Law, Professor Joubert teaches in different parts of the world how to extend a healthy Lifespan to 120 years and beyond, Pr. Joubert is working on a Documentary and book that redefines Medicine in light of new discoveries, ancient wisdoms, innovative research and holistic science, but he can be nonetheless available to coach patients back to homeostasis, wellbeing & Joie de Vivre. On occasion, Pr Joubert can also coach health professionals to better protect their holistic practice when they must deviate from outdated and irrational “standards of care”. See links on “Contact” for details.
Professional Itinerary in a Nutshell
Professor Joubert’s first “passion” has been to heal the sick, hence, his mainstream medical school training in Paris. Once he discovered the limits to allopathic modern medicine, he went to acupuncture, naturopathy and clinical nutrition schools and both practiced and taught these health science arts. He soon discovered however that to be fully human and useful to diseased and beat up people, Law was needed. Thus, Joubert’s second professional passion has been justice and the law, a field that is both neglected in medical schools and key insofar as a safe, efficient and cost-friendly health-care system is concerned. After having taught public law and litigated in courts of law for a few years, he realized that both Medicine and Law were deficient tools insofar as the alleviating of people’s suffering is concerned. Prof. Joubert therefore embraced a third complementary passion, that of becoming an organic farmer and produced berries, greens, medicinal plants while hunting organically certified wild mushrooms and producing organic chocolate trufles.
Today, Professor Joubert is continuing his past endeavors when possible while constructing four different Institutes, one on neuroscience called Happiness Medicine institute another one on holistic oncology called advanced cancer research Institute, a third one on biogerontology called Optimal Longevity Institute and the fourth one on the People’s Law, called Holistic Law Institute.
With these Institutes and his other activities, Joubert hopes to faithfully serve the Higher Good and contribute in the ripening of the conditions that will promote the Big Shift, the historical and evolutionary shift that many have been waiting for, the shift from a predatory mercantile-divisive-belligerent and misguided Society whose ruling class profits from the suffering and complications this “one to five” percent of the Population creates and-or allows to better control People and maximize wealth and power, (1) to a spiritually and holistically based Civilization wherein the first and foremost value is to simply be in a conscious state of “Joie de Vivre” while living meaningfully up to a healthy lifespan of at least 120 years, as we were designed to. For Professor Joubert, professional, governmental and corporate activity should better embrace this Joie de Vivre or “Heaven on Earth” Vibe. (2)
1. Medical director of the Centre Mediterranéen Holistique de Vitalité et Longévité Optimale in South France. This Holistic Fitness and Education Retreat Center has been organizing holistic rejuvenation education & wellbeing retreat programs since 2000. It is located in one of France’s most beautiful and pristine mountain areas in the Eastern Pyrénées, next to the Spain and the Mediterranean Sea.
2. Organic agriculture farmer, in particular, growing organic berries, herbs, greens and mushrooms, an activity which was certified by ECOCERT, Europe’s main organic certification agency. ECOCERT also certified the Mediterranean Center’s vegan raw organic chocolate truffles.
3. Director & Founder of the Happiness Medicine institute. A nascent Institute, the Happiness Medicine Institute is an educational and research center that focuses on neuroscience, psycho-neuro-immuno-endocrinology and positive psychology to help people thrive and find their Joie de Vivre Vibe. Joie de Vivre is an awareness state of ultra happiness. Professor Joubert has written over fifty articles in this field.
4. Founder and Director of the Optimal Longevity Institute. A nascent center, this Biogerontology Institute researches and publishes breakthrough content in longevity medicine and geroscience. Biogerontology is the science of extending healthy human life-spans to their biological potential. Working on an optimal longevity medicine book, Professor Joubert organizes Optimal longevity workshops. He has written over one hundred articles in this field. (3) He has interviewed anti-aging and gerontololgy experts and partaken in multiple anti-aging and longevity international conferences in order to keep abreast of geroscientific breakthroughs.
5. Director and Chief Science Officer of Advanced Cancer Research Institute. In this real, Professor Joubert has been a Court Expert in Carcinogenesis & Clinical Oncology from the naturopathic viewpoint. He has written over one hundred articles in this field and is working on a new book relative to holistic approaches to cancer. He has interviewed over 60 cancer experts for a holistic oncology documentary and partaken in many international cancer conferences each year in order to keep abreast of cancer breakthroughs. When possible, Professor Joubert organizes holistic oncology workshops,
6. Producer and filmmaker: Joubert has produced one documentary, on Holistic Oncology wherein carcinogenesis is redefined and a few holistic reversal protocols are outlined. More than 50 interviews of both cancer patients and cancer medical experts enrich this documentary. When he was getting ready to market it online in 2015, problems occurred. He therefore suspended this project, but continues to update the latest cancer breakthroughs, most of which are described in a pending book on breakthrough oncology protocols in association with a plan of action whose application would resolve the present cancer epidemic.
7. Litigation, International Human Rights Protection & Teaching Law: In conjunction with his work at the Holistic Law Institute, Professor Joubert has argued multiple cases in constitutional law, international human rights law and civil litigation, including, but not limited to medical malpractice and products liability law. Professor was also active as a court (judiciary) expert in integrative oncology (cancer). He was a visiting int’l public law professor at Gonzaga Law School in Wa and taught public international law, political science, and comparative public policy and social science for over ten years in Paris. (4)
8. Drama Theater: Drama theater actor and director where he played different roles including, but not limited to the role of Yashua (Jesus Christ) in the 15th century’s Le Mystère de la Passion play by Gréban, the 17th century’s Racine’s Athalie, the nineteeth’s century Edmond Rostand’s Cyrano de Bergerac, the twentieth century’s Beckett’s En attendant Godot and Ionesco’s La lesson, in which Chris was both the play’s director and one of its actors.
9. Tibetan medicine and Judeo-Christian spiritual values: When Joubert stayed at the Tashi Choling Ashram in Ashland, he took refuge in Tibetan Boudhism, under Rimpoché Getsé. Thanks to this experience, Tibetain medicine has entered his consciousness and as a consequence, his practice. Brought up as a Catholic, notably under his French Catholic father and the Christian Community, Joubert was also educated as a Jewish person, thanks to his Jewish Polish mother’s influence and because of his livng in Israel.
10. Founder of a Wine Medicine Institute in gestation; Professor Joubert also organizes Wine Medicine workshops and writes blogs on the health and longevity aspects of quality wine. Contrarily to what most Americans have been indoctrinated to think, including with biased published articles in the American scientific literature (half of which are unreliable and misleading, according to the Lancet and New England Journal of Medicine’s editors in chief), not drinking quality wine in moderation on a regular basis is a cause of early death from all causes. The evidence is firmly established, including from the World Health Organization’s experts. (5)
11. Journalist and Foreign Reporter in France and Israel: Trained at UPTEC school of social communication and journalism in Talence France under the direction of Robert Escarpit, with an apprenticeship under professor Escarpit of Le Monde, Joubert later worked at Bordeaux’s sole paper called Sud Ouest, in particular in its weekly called Sud Ouest Dimanche, under the direction of Roger Achéritéguy. Therein, in his early twenties, Joubert wrote one major depth report article (called “article de fond”) for the Journal, each week for close to one year. Thereafter, he represented the Sud Ouest Dimanche Journal in Israel and worked there as a journalist while delving in doctoral research for his public international law thesis. (6)
12. Ecodevelopment: Participation in different workshops and hands-on projects on sustainable buildings (logs, strawbale, cob, bamboo, mud), renewable energy, healthy water systems, tree planting, landscaping and desert regeneration as well as other fields related to eco-development, including work in an African organic agriculture project that Joubert participated in with a former student of his as well as a health-development project in the Philippines.
Bordeaux’s Law School: Faculté de Droit, Bordeaux (Pessac) France: Doctorate thesis (including preliminaries equivalent to a Masters) in public international law under the supervision of Professors Martres, Seurin and Jacques Ellul, one of Europe’s top constitutional law professors and theologian philosophers.
School of Medicine (Paris): Conventional medicine education at Pierre et Marie Curie Faculté de Médecine.
Ecole d’Acupuncture Française: Three years of training in one of France’s best oriental medicine’s professional training schools, Ecole Française d’Acupuncture in Paris.
School of Journalism (Social Communication and Information): Trained at UPTEC school of social communication and information journalism in Talence France under the direction of Robert Escarpit, with an apprenticeship under professor Escarpit as well as at Talence’s I.U.T. in journalism.
Bordeaux’s oenology institute in Talence, (Ecole d’oenologie de Bordeaux) under the direction of Professor Emile Peynaud, who is considered to be the modern father of oenoloty (ie, the art of making optimal wine).
CNAM, Centre National des Arts et Métiers, Paris. (clinical nutrition).
Naturopathy at Vie & Action Association and the Jus Cogens Institute. (France) Including training in aromatherapy, phytotherapy, exercises, nutrition, fasting, meditation and other holistic techniques.
School of Social Sciences (Paris) Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales. Political sociology doctorate training under the direction of one of France’s top political philosopher and sociologist, Raymond Aron.
Asian, African, Middle Eastern and Israel Studies: Additional education at the CHEAM (Centre des hautes études sur l’Afrique et l’Asie modernes) in Paris. Which included Middle East and Israel studies. Hence, Joubert’s Life in Israel, where he worked as an investigative journalist and studied (including at Jerusalem University and three kibbutzim) when he went there to reunit his Polish Jewish Mom with her long lost Brother from Haifa, David Green. The CHEAM was replaced by the French Government in 2000 with another international relations training school.
Summer Training at the International institute of human rights in Strasbourg. founded by Nobel Peace Laureate René Cassin. where Chris closely worked with European and int’l human rights expert Judge Louis-Edmond Pettitit).
Summer training in public international law at the Hague Academy of International Law in Holland.
Lawyer training at Montpelier’s CRFPA (Centre regional de formation pour la profession d’avocat) and Nanterre University’s School of Law (including additional public international law training with former Culture Minister and law professor Jack Lang). Additional training at Harvard University, Jerusalem University (International Relations), Boston College, University of Massachusetts, Assumption and others schools and institutes.
Professor Joubert’s Holistic Health Approach
In addition to holistic & happiness principles, Joubert practices the basic principles of Traditional Naturopathy. Naturopathy is another term for “natural medicine”, which is partially based on Hippocrates’ legacy. (7) These naturopathic principles include the following principles: First Do no Harm (primum non nocere), second principle, Follow Nature’s example or the Healing Power of Nature (vis medicatrix naturae), third, Search and Address the Root Causes (tolle causam), fourth princIple, Doctor as Teacher (docere), notably teaching the patient to be his-her own Healer from the holistic angle (ie, the Whole Person perspective (tolle totum) which is principle five), sixth principle, Nuture hopeful and positive Energy as well as Joie de vivre as the best general long term reversal and prevention strategy. Nocebo and chronic stress are killers, especially for economically vulnerable humans. (Source). The CDC and many published studies have concluded that chronic stress is a major factor in all serious diseases. (8) The “Joie de Vivre” energy is thus crucial.
Trained in mainstream French law, conventional allopathic medicine, (9) Chinese acupuncture medicine, clinical nutrition and European-French naturopathy, Joubert uses both legal and health tools to optimize wellbeing (10) thanks to which he can help those who suffer from diseases to better activate their self-repair and, among others, homeostasis mechanisms with scientific-based holistic lifestyle protocols and common sense. (11)
Besides finishing up his books and documentaries, Joubert is exploring possibilities to create a European-flavored holistic health & rejuvenation retreat center in the US, possibly on the West coast, one that would be associated to the Eastern Pyrénee’s Mediterranean Holistic Optimal Longevity Retreat Center.
The purpose of this American Holistic Health Retreat Center is to contribute in solving the American Health-care crisis, thanks to both the French model of health-care (See Exhibit A below) and what the best Science has consistently shown to be the most safe, effective and cost-friendly.
Selected Public Interventions
1. Health Freedoms, the Law and the Responsibility of the State (pp. 5 to 17): Legal article written in a French Human Rights Journal. By Ch. J. (2005)
2. Conference on how to better protect health practitioners who practice holistic and integrative medicine, which included a few techniques on how to argue innovative science in the Courtroom. Presented by Ch. J. (2008)
3. Television Presentation of a Gubernatorial Plan of Action to change allopathic standards of care to holistic care consistent with the standards of Science, advanced medicine and the People’s best interest. By Ch. J. (2012)
4. Radio presentation with Voice America regarding Professor Joubert’s Cancer Documentary. organized by Gordon Atherly (MD and attorney) (2015)
On the Health System in France
France is far from being adequately holistic in terms of maximizing the conditions for a healthy lifespan, but its results are generally superior to the US’s results. Because Professor Joubert has significant experience with both the French and American health-care systems and their corresponding dignostic and treatment techniques, he may be available to consult on this and other health related issues, including with public health agents. (12)