No official team member yet. Once the preliminary conditions are in place, we can start to hire. Right now, the Institute is in gestation, being constructed, working on establishing a research, coaching, retreat Team for the American campus as well as one additional Holistic Retreat campus in a tropical developing country. As of now, we are considering Ecuador, Costa Rica, Panama, Thailand or the Philippines. For the rationale governing a tropical “health vacation” campus, see the Institute’s Rejuvenation Retreat Center project. We will also file a 501 (c) 3 application in order to get a tax deductible donation status. When possible, the Institute is organizing the conditions under which an international non profit organization will be able to make a significant difference in the way health-care is practiced and managed.
Professional Itinerary in a Nutshell
Happiness Medicine Institute’s founder is Christian Joubert. Naturopath, Jurist and organic Farmer, Christian’s first “passion” has been to heal the sick, hence, his mainstream medical school training in Paris. Once Christian discovered the limits to allopathic modern medicine, he went to acupuncture, naturopathy and clinical nutrition schools and both practiced and taught these health science arts. Christian soon discovered however that to be fully human and useful to diseased and beat up people, Law was needed. Thus, Christian’s second professional passion has been justice and the law, a field that is both neglected in medical schools and key insofar as a safe, efficient and cost-friendly health-care system is concerned. After having taught public law and litigated in courts of law for a few years, Christian realized that both Medicine and Law were deficient tools insofar as the alleviating of people’s suffering is concerned. Christian therefore embraced a third complementary passion, that of becoming an organic farmer and produced berries, greens, medicinal plants while hunting organically certified wild mushrooms and producing organic chocolate trufles. Once that was done, Christian continued to discover the limits to knowledge and even organic produce. He then realized that the surest way to heal Society was to live, endeavor and heal in a much more holistical way, including via more research, additional services and more revelant public interventions.
Today, Christian is continuing his past endeavors when possible while constructing four different Institutes, one on neuroscience called Happiness Medicine institute another one on holistic oncology called advanced cancer research Institute, a third one on biogerontology called Optimal Longevity Institute and the fourth one on the People’s Law, called Holistic Law Institute.
With these Institutes and his other activities, Christian hopes and prays that he will be able to faithfully serve the Higher Good and contribute in the ripening of the conditions that will promote the Big Shift, the historical and evolutionary shift that many have been waiting for, the shift from a predatory mercantile-divisive-belligerent Society whose ruling class profits from the suffering and complications this “one to five” percent of the Population creates andn-or allows to better control People and maximize wealth and power, (1) to a spiritually and holistically based Civilization wherein the first and foremost value is to simply be in a conscious state of “Joie de Vivre” while living meaningfully up to a healthy lifespan of at least 120 years, as we were designed to. For Christian, any and all professional and corporate activity that does not nurture this “Heaven on Earth” Vibe (ie plan of action) should be strongly taxed if not out of legal existence, then at least taxed enough so that everyone has his-her dignity respected and basic needs met. In concluding this “nutshell”, it is accurate to say that all of Christian’s professional activities have gone in this direction. (2)
1. Medical director of the Centre Mediterranéen Holistique de Vitalité et Longévité Optimale in South France. This Holistic Fitness and Education Retreat Center has been organizing holistic rejuvenation education & wellbeing retreat programs since 2000. It is located in one of France’s most beautiful and pristine mountain areas in the Eastern Pyrénées, next to the Spain and the Mediterranean Sea.
2. Organic agriculture farmer, in particular, growing organic berries, herbs, greens and mushrooms, an activity which was certified by ECOCERT, Europe’s main organic certification agency. ECOCERT also certified the Mediterranean Center’s vegan raw organic chocolate truffles.
3. Director & Founder of the Happiness Medicine institute. A nascent Institute, the Happiness Medicine Institute is an educational and research center that focuses on neuroscience, psycho-neuro-immuno-endocrinology and positive psychology to help people thrive and find their Joie de Vivre Vibe. Joie de Vivre is an awareness state of ultra happiness. Christian has written over fifty articles in this field.
4. Founder and Director of the Optimal Longevity Institute. A nascent center, this Biogerontology Institute researches and publishes breakthrough content in longevity medicine and geroscience. Biogerontology is the science of extending healthy human life-spans to their biological potential. Christian is working on an optimal longevity medicine book. Christian organizes Optimal longevity workshops. He has written over one hundred articles in this field. (3) He has interviewed anti-aging and gerontololgy experts and partaken in multiple anti-aging and longevity international conferences in order to keep abreast of geroscientific breakthroughs.
5. Director and Chief Science Officer of Advanced Cancer Research Institute. In this real, Christian has been a Court Expert in Carcinogenesis & Clinical Oncology from the naturopathic viewpoint. He has written over one hundred articles in this field and is working on a new book relative to holistic approaches to cancer. He has interviewed over 60 cancer experts for a holistic oncology documentary and partaken in many international cancer conferences each year in order to keep abreast of cancer breakthroughs. Chrsitian organizes holistic oncology workshops,
6. Producer and filmmaker: Christian has produced one documentary, on Holistic Oncology wherein carcinogenesis is redefined and a few holistic reversal protocols are outlined. More than 50 interviews of both cancer patients and cancer medical experts enrich this documentary. When he was getting ready to market it online in 2015, problems occurred. Christian therefore suspended this project, but continues to update the latest cancer breakthroughs, most of which are described in a pending book on breakthrough oncology protocols in association with a plan of action whose application would resolve the present cancer epidemic.
7. Litigation, International Human Rights Protection & Teaching Law: In conjunction with his work at the Holistic Law Institute, Christian has argued multiple cases in constitutional law, international human rights law and civil litigation, including, but not limited to medical malpractice and products liability law. Christian was also active as a court (judiciary) expert in integrative oncology (cancer). He was a visiting int’l public law professor at Gonzaga Law School in Wa and taught public international law, political science, and comparative public policy and social science for over ten years in Paris. (4)
8. Drama Theater: Drama theater actor and director where he played different roles including, but not limited to the role of Yashua (Jesus Christ) in the 15th century’s Le Mystère de la Passion play by Gréban, the 17th century’s Racine’s Athalie, the nineteeth’s century Edmond Rostand’s Cyrano de Bergerac, the twentieth century’s Beckett’s En attendant Godot and Ionesco’s La lesson, in which Christian was both the play’s director and one of its actors.
9. Tibetan medicine and Judeo-Christian spiritual values: When Christian stayed at the Tashi Choling Ashram in Ashland, Christian took refuge in Tibetan Boudhism, under Rimpoché Getsé. Thanks to this experience, Tibetain medicine has entered his consciousness and as a consequence, his practice. Brought up as a Catholic, notably under his French Catholic father and the Christian Community, Christian was also educated as a Jewish person, thanks to his Jewish Polish mother’s influence and because of his livng in Israel.
10. Founder of a Wine Medicine Institute in gestation; Christian also organizes Wine Medicine workshops and writes blogs on the health and longevity aspects of quality wine. Contrarily to what most Americans have been indoctrinated to think, including with biased published articles in the American scientific literature (half of which are unreliable and misleading, according to the Lancet and New England Journal of Medicine’s editors in chief), not drinking quality wine in moderation on a regular basis is a cause of early death from all causes. The evidence is firmly established, including from the World Health Organization’s experts. (5)
11. Journalist and Foreign Reporter in France and Israel: Trained at UPTEC school of social communication and journalism in Talence France under the direction of Robert Escarpit, with an apprenticeship under professor Escarpit of Le Monde, Christian later worked at Bordeaux’s sole paper called Sud Ouest, in particular in its weekly called Sud Ouest Dimanche, under the direction of Roger Achéritéguy. Therein, in his early twenties, Christian wrote one major depth report article (called “article de fond”) for the Journal, each week for close to one year. Thereafter, he represented the Sud Ouest Dimanche Journal in Israel and worked there as a journalist while delving in doctoral research for his public international law thesis. (6)
12. Ecodevelopment: Participation in different workshops and hands-on projects on sustainable buildings (logs, strawbale, cob, bamboo, mud), renewable energy, healthy water systems, tree planting, landscaping and desert regeneration as well as other fields related to eco-development, including work in an African organic agriculture project that Christian participated in with a former student of his as well as a health-development project in the Philippines.
Bordeaux’s Law School: Faculté de Droit, Bordeaux (Pessac) France: Doctorate thesis (including preliminaries equivalent to a Masters) in public international law under the supervision of Professors Martres, Seurin and Jacques Ellul, one of Europe’s top constitutional law professors and theologian philosophers.
School of Medicine (Paris): Conventional medicine education at Pierre et Marie Curie Faculté de Médecine.
Ecole d’Acupuncture Française: Three years of training in one of France’s best oriental medicine’s professional training schools, Ecole Française d’Acupuncture in Paris.
School of Journalism (Social Communication and Information): Trained at UPTEC school of social communication and information journalism in Talence France under the direction of Robert Escarpit, with an apprenticeship under professor Escarpit as well as at Talence’s I.U.T. in journalism.
Bordeaux’s oenology institute in Talence, (Ecole d’oenologie de Bordeaux) under the direction of Professor Emile Peynaud, who is considered to be the modern father of oenoloty (ie, the art of making optimal wine).
CNAM, Centre National des Arts et Métiers, Paris. (clinical nutrition).
Naturopathy at Vie & Action Association and the Jus Cogens Institute. (France) Including training in aromatherapy, phytotherapy, exercises, nutrition, fasting, meditation and other holistic techniques.
School of Social Sciences (Paris) Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales. Political sociology doctorate training under the direction of one of France’s top political philosopher and sociologist, Raymond Aron.
Asian, African, Middle Eastern and Israel Studies: Additional education at the CHEAM (Centre des hautes études sur l’Afrique et l’Asie modernes) in Paris. Which included Middle East and Israel studies. Hence, Christian’s Life in Israel, where he worked as an investigative journalist and studied (including at Jerusalem University and three kibbutzim) when he went there to reunit his Polish Jewish Mom with her long lost Brother from Haifa, David Green. The CHEAM was replaced by the French Government in 2000 with another international relations training school.
Summer Training at the International institute of human rights in Strasbourg. founded by Nobel Peace Laureate René Cassin. where Chrsitian closely worked with European and int’l human rights expert Judge Louis-Edmond Pettitit).
Summer training in public international law at the Hague Academy of International Law in Holland.
Lawyer training at Montpelier’s CRFPA (Centre regional de formation pour la profession d’avocat) and Nanterre University’s School of Law (including additional public international law training with former Culture Minister and law professor Jack Lang). Additional training at Harvard University, Jerusalem University (International Relations), Boston College, University of Massachusetts, Assumption and others schools and institutes.
Christian’s Holistic Health Approach
In addition to holistic & happiness principles, Christian practices the basic principles of Traditional Naturopathy. Naturopathy is another term for “natural medicine”, which is partially based on Hippocrates’ legacy. (7) These naturopathic principles include the following principles: First Do no Harm (primum non nocere), second principle, Follow Nature’s example or the Healing Power of Nature (vis medicatrix naturae), third, Search and Address the Root Causes (tolle causam), fourth princIple, Doctor as Teacher (docere), notably teaching the patient to be his-her own Healer from the holistic angle (ie, the Whole Person perspective (tolle totum) which is principle five), sixth principle, Nuture hopeful and positive Energy as well as Joie de vivre as the best general long term reversal and prevention strategy. Nocebo and chronic stress are killers, especially for economically vulnerable humans. (Source). The CDC and many published studies have concluded that chronic stress is a major factor in all serious diseases. (8) The “Joie de Vivre” energy is thus crucial.
Trained in mainstream French law, conventional allopathic medicine, (9) Chinese acupuncture medicine, clinical nutrition and European-French naturopathy, Christian uses both legal and health tools to optimize wellbeing (10) thanks to which he can help those who suffer from diseases to better activate their self-repair and, among others, homeostasis mechanisms with scientific-based holistic lifestyle protocols and common sense. (11)
Besides finishing up his books and documentaries, Christian is exploring possibilities to create a European-flavored holistic health & rejuvenation retreat center in the US, possibly on the West coast, one that would be associated to the Eastern Pyrénee’s Mediterranean Holistic Optimal Longevity Retreat Center, located in the Mountains of France’s Catalogna.
The purpose of this American Holistic Health Retreat Center is to contribute in solving the American Health-care crisis, thanks to both the French model of health-care (See Exhibit A below) and what the best Science has consistently shown to be the most safe, effective and cost-friendly.
Selected Public Interventions
1. Health Freedoms, the Law and the Responsibility of the State (pp. 5 to 17): Legal article written in a French Human Rights Journal. By Ch. J. (2005)
2. Conference on how to better protect health practitioners who practice holistic and integrative medicine, which included a few techniques on how to argue innovative science in the Courtroom. Presented by Ch. J. (2008)
3. Television Presentation of a Gubernatorial Plan of Action to change allopathic standards of care to holistic care consistent with the standards of Science, advanced medicine and the People’s best interest. By Ch. J. (2012)
4. Radio presentation with Voice America regarding Christian Joubert’s Cancer Documentary. organized by Gordon Atherly (MD and attorney) (2015)
On the Health System in France
France is far from being adequately holistic in terms of maximizing the conditions for a healthy lifespan, but its results are generally superior to the US’s results. Because Christian has significant experience with both the French and American health-care systems and their corresponding dignostic and treatment techniques, he may be available to consult on this and other health related issues, including with public health agents. (12)
Top: Expert testimony on a few differences between the American and French Health care systems. A few years ago, the W.H.O. experts ranked France’s health-care system as the number one, out of 191 countries, Source.
Top: “To Life” (“L’ Chaim” in Hebrew). Professor Christian Joubert, at the international integrative oncology convention in San Diego in 2016 toasting and “dégusting” (sipping) a small amount of red resveratrol and procyanidins rich pinot wine with the conference President, Annie Brandt and her two assistants. “Wine is an appropriate article for mankind, both for the healthy body and for the ailing man.” Hippocrates
Reference and Precision Notes
(1). Not all American residents within the one to five high income Americans are predatory and cynical. Some like Warren Buffett and Amazon’s Ceo appear to be responsible and benevolent citizens.
(2). Résumé of Christian’s expertises : biogerontology, (ie, extending healthy human life-spans to 120 years and beyond), holistic oncology, (reversing the cancer process without the conventional mix of toxicity & misery), traditional naturopathy, French medicine and its health-care policy, French conventional medicine, Chinese acupuncture Medicine, clinical nutrition, oenology (wine science), organic agriculture, ecology, eco-development, sociology, comparative public policy, political science, international public law as well as other forms of law within the common and continuental legal systems.
(3). France is the only country whose residents have consistently broken the record of human longevity lifespan to over 122 years. In this realm, Christian uses the best French and internatioal holistic methods that have been identified to maintain lengthy telomeres, abundant stem cells and strong repair genes while promoting the body to expedite senescent and other damages cells and toxins.
(4). Christian oversaw over one hundreds Masters thesis in law and international relations. Among other cases and jurisdictions, Christian litigated constitutional, products liability, tobacco racketeering, medical and legal malpractice actions in both Washington State and U.S. Federal jurisdictions as well as other human rights issues in the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg, the inter-american commission on human rights in D.C. and the U.N human rights Committee in Geneva. Christian has drafted and filed over 500 pleadings and written over 50 articles on civil and international law. Christian has used the Courts to promote the replacement and-or improvement of outdated legal and medical standards of care with evidenced-based holistic standards. He is knowledgeable in both the common law and the continental or civil-Roman systems of law.
(5). Light to moderate drinking of quality red wine has consistently been associated with higher omega-3 levels in plasma and red blood cells, higher HDL, the so called good cholesterol and, among many other benefits, with significant amounts of polyphenols and resveratrol that can help to express the longevity gene called SIRT1. See wine blogs.
(6). Christian also wrote depth articles as a freelance journalist for the Israeli Ministry of Religion, the Israeli Wine Institute and, among other publications, the Jerusalem Post. He stayed at three different kibbutzim in order to write a study on kibbutz community and family education. He visited the U.N. buffer zone in the Kuneitra area and wrote a story about the Israeli-Arab conflict and other hot zones in Eretz Irsael. Christian has always been interested in the conditions that govern lasting peace.
(7). Over 2500 years ago when the type of civilization was based more on spiritual values (versus mercantile and military ones, according to historian Toynbee), Dr Hippocrates improved many aspects of Medicine. His biggest legacy was to remove most of medicine from the superstition-based dogma ideology in which it was stuck and re-orient it toward better Science and Nature. Based on empirical observation and experimentation, Hippocrates’ approach to medicine was truly holistic in that he examined root problems, including “psycho-somatic” aspects of diseases, those deriving from an imbalance of emotions and traumas. His third legacy was to nurture a natural approach in allowing the body to activate it’s own healing process via the body’s homeostatic self repair mechanisms, which is an aspect of genuine medicine that has been lost by most of today’s conventional allopathic doctors or chemists who seem to think that expensive surgeries, drugs and high-tech toys (instruments) can be superior to 65 million years of biological evolution. The bottom line is that the medical philosophy that comes from the “Father” of Western Medicine is at the heart of naturopathy. Even the Bible’s medicine has shown the example in helping patient to remove blockages to the healing forces within via holistic techniques like fasting, meditation, prayer, chanting, quality food, herbs, wine, exercises, hydrotherapy, balneotherapy, heliotherapy, aromatherapy, fever therapy and the like, all of these holistic techniques are at the core of holistic and natural medicine (naturopathy).
(8). “… chronic stress has a significant effect on the immune system that ultimately manifest an illness. It raises catecholamine and suppressor T cells levels, which suppress the immune system. This suppression, in turn raises the risk of viral infection. Stress also leads to the release of histamine, which can trigger severe broncho-constriction in asthmatics. Stress increases the risk for diabetes mellitus, especially in overweight individuals, since psychological stress alters insulin needs. Stress also alters the acid concentration in the stomach, which can lead to peptic ulcers, stress ulcers or ulcerative colitis. Chronic stress can also lead to plaque buildup in the arteries (atherosclerosis), especially if combined with a high-fat diet and sedentary living. The correlation between stressful life events and psychiatric illness is stronger than the correlation with medical or physical illness. The relationship of stress with psychiatric illness is strongest in neuroses, which is followed by depression and schizophrenia. There is no scientific evidence of a direct cause-and-effect relationship between the immune system changes and the development of cancer. However, recent studies found a link between stress, tumour development and suppression of natural killer (NK) cells, which is actively involved in preventing metastasis and destroying small metastases”. (Source)
(9). Although Christian has been trained in Western allopathic medicine in a French mainstream School of Medicine, he has willingly refused to be licensed in this type of medicine in which he has little if any faith (except for rare necessities, notably in emergency medicine). Furthermore, as a licensed M.D., he would have been obliged to prescribe toxic synthetic patented drugs and recommend dubious standards of care which Christian considers to be harmful (risks outweighing benefits) and often based on fraudulent, outdated and mercantile practices. These modern day treatments can not be in the “superior” interest of the patient, even in France, the allopathic mainstream medical system is intoxicated with vaccination obsessions and prescription synthetic drugs (antidepressants, anti-psychotics, constipation drugs, antibiotics, chemo and the like). Hence, Christian’s training in acupuncture (Chinese Medicine), nutrition and naturopathy (which included aromatherapy, herbology, massage, exercises, breathing, meditation, sleep hygiene and many other holistic rejuvenation techniques). His clinical practice is thus limited to traditional Hippocrates based naturopathy consultation. Likewise with the law. Although Christian was trained to be a French lawyer as well as an international law teacher, he has chosen to be a human rights teaching jurist, specializing in international human rights law and international cooperation among Nations. However, he did litigate multiple cases in multiple fields of domestic law, including but not limited to claims (“causes of action” in legal jargon) in medical malpractice (focusing on cancer cases), products liability, tobacco racketeering, legal malpractice, constitutional law, international human rights and other cases. Today, he prefers to coach and educate workshopees and clients to be their own healer and litigator. He therefore does not represent clients in courts of law, not does he allopathetically treat or diagnose patients.
(10). Thanks to his legal background, Christian is able to examine medical claims and health challenges with the eyes of a detective, in terms of finding root causes and durable solutions.
(11). When Christian coaches clients, he does not use Conventional Medicine’s monopolies: prescription drugs, surgeries, radiation and other hi-tech medical procedures, most of which suppress symptoms without addressing the root causes. Naturopathic, Holistic & Happiness Medicine are medical or health boosting approaches that help to express the good genes and gently place in dormancy the bad genes in a much safer, effective and cost-friendly way than conventional medicine’s synthetic patented drugs and its other invasive methods. Most allopathic medical doctors are not to be blamed as they need their medical license to pay off huge student debts and bills. It is those individuals who control the State apparatus who have willingingly chosen to enforce, including via military and coercitive means, corporate medical standards, standards which have been overwhelmingly proven to constitute either the first or the third cause of premature death and collective suffering. (Source)
(12). In the health and healing coaching and consultancy field, Christian’s originality is based on being able to examine medicine and the health sciences with legal, forensic, inter-disciplinary and multi-cultural eyes, thanks to which he can distinguish the clinical pearls from the irrelevant and-or biased data and get to the crux of the issue under consideration. Christian is also able to identify a problem’s key inter-connections that too often, most family members, medical doctors, court expert witnesses and public health agents are not able to see or understand.