Ginger Turmeric Latte
Whip up this hot beverage the next time you want a high performance drink that’s rich, cozy, and comforting. Ginger improves cognitive function, increases blood flow to the brain, and modulates blood sugar levels, keeping energy levels up during the day. Turmeric fights inflammation and increases the antioxidant capacity of the body. It is linked to improved brain function and lower risk of brain diseases. Pair these two together with your favorite plant milk and you have a delicious, powerful drink. It’s also wonderful served cold! And if you want it sweeter, add another date.
For each serving:
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh turmeric
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 date (more if a sweeter taste is desired)
- 1 1/2 cups plant milk (if the milk is thick and rich like coconut milk, use 1 cup plant milk and 1/2 cup water)
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Heat in a saucepan and pour into a mug for a cozy drink. Or pour over ice on a hot day.