In this workshop, we first look at the principles of safe, efficient, cost-friendly and personalized advanced clinical and holistic nutrition that best satisfy human physiological needs. Thereafter, we look at the types of diseases the Institute’s advanced and holistic nutritional approach can target. Lastly, we go into the praxis via food selection and tasting. This workshop should last around ten hours. A certification of completion can be given to those who want to take a short quiz.
The Institute’s Advanced Holistic-based Clinical Nutrition program is designed to ensure disease-free optimal metabolism, high energy and longevity based on an individualized food regime consistent with a plant-based regime in dynamic association with Mediterranean and ketogenic diets that includes medicinal mushrooms, roots, herbs (spices), seaweeds, fermented goodies, high frequency water and wine (in the right therapeutic dose), all of which are to be individually selected according to the Institute’s French inspired gusto-olfactory holistic approach and thanks to which the holistic eater can benefit from low glycemic, anti-oxydant, cleansing, nourishing, blood thinning, anti-chronic disease, restorative and delicious tasty foods that enhance both the immune and hormonal systems as well as the taste buds and gastric juices.
Top: comparative jaw, teeth and digestive tract anatomy
THE INSTITUTE’S FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES REGARDING ADVANCED HOLISTIC CLINICAL NUTRITION
1. Introduction: The history of human biological evolution. The origins of mammalian eating. When and how did humans separate from the jungle primates ? Are homo species designed to eat a certain type of nutrition ? Raw, cooked, mixed, animal flesh, (1) grass, berries, fruits, insects, soil, clay, mushrooms, leaves etc ? To introduce the subject, see this piece on the comparative anatomy of eating, written by Dr Miller.
2. Over the centuries, over fifty conflicting nutrition theories have emerged and still, today, there is confusion on the best type of nutritional approach for humans. What are some of the main food systems humans have indulged in. Typology of different nutrition schools. Strength and weakness of different nutritional modalities. (2)
Anatomy and physiology of the human digestion, smell (olfactory) and taste systems. Many nerves are responsible for transmitting taste and smell information to the brain, including, but not limited to the trigeminal nerve fibers in the tongue. For food to be well assimilated, the smell and taste pathways and their receptors need to be in good shape.
3. The evidence suggests that there are four general types of safe and efficient food regimes, all of which are to be applied synergistically and according to one’s constitution, according to the eater’s specific genomic signature, metabolic needs as well as to his or her micro-environment, bacterial status and culture.
4. How to determine individual needs and the right nutritional approach and-or combination thereof. (Genomic testing, Doshas, the Chinese system, blood types, kinesiology, allergy testing, gusto-olfactory detection and other techniques).
5. Can vegans or plant-based dieters not suffer from Vitamin B 12 deficiency and its illnesses, including, but not limited to megaloblastic anemia ? The golden MMA testing standard: Difference forms and activity of Vitamin B 12. The evidence on endogenous (micro biome), plant, fungi and bacterial sources of Vitamin B 12: seaweed (nori, chlorella etc), mushrooms (black trumpet, golden chanterelle, organicus bosporus etc), soil, fermented foods (kimchi, tempeh etc), bacterial sources (including one’s own stool and small intestine) and other claims like ashinita and soy: other issues like cobalt, B6 and B9.
6. Different categories of nutrient-dense and polyphenol-rich foods. Microbes, fungi (mushrooms) plants and animals: Within the plant world: fruits, greens, grains, seeds, roots, seaweeds, herbs (spices & teas) and fermented products.
7. Food and diseases: Case studies on what types of disease respond the best to different types of foods.
7.1. Heart disease
7.3 Neurological diseases.
7.4. Metabolic diseases.
7.5. Auto-immune diseases including allergies and tolerogenic foods.
7.6. Joint and muscular-skeleton diseases.
8. Confirmation via published epidemiological and other types of scientific evidence of the best types of foods and diets for human metabolism, energy, mental health and longevity optimization.
9. Mental and spiritual wellbeing and supernutrients. From cacao, (3) hops, to mucana pruriens, teas, maca, mushroons, pro and prebiotics and many other nutrients and “super foods”.
10. What relevance does organic quality, garden quality, wildfoods, sunlight, meditation, chronobiology, food combination, attitude, teeth (oral) hygiene, oils, wine, raw versus cooked and water have for optimal food bio-assimilation, health and longevity ?
ADVANCED AND HOLISTIC NUTRITION TECHNIQUES & PROTOCOLS
11. How to get started. Kitchen tools: Juicer, dehydrator, food processor, blender, coffee grinder and more.
12. The Science of holistic foods, from fermented foods (miso, kimche, sauwerkraut, yogurts and other) to sprouts and dehydrated crackers, smoothies, juices and other forms of food.
17. Types of cooking.
20. Salade dressings.
23. hydration elixirs.
25. Vegetal Patés
26. Prebiotics with probiotics, fermented foods and other holistic techniques to maintain gut health and maximize its immune-function, including, but not limited to vitamin B 12 production.
PART FOUR: PRAXIS
ILLUSTRATIONS OF VARIED, VEGETAL, SPROUTED AND LIVING (RAW) DISHES WE WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO MAKE TO OPTIMIZE HOUR CHRONIC-FREE LONGEVITY POTENTIAL
In vivo culinary demonstration: In this perspective, there will be a demonstration of a few advanced holistic healing dishes. We start with the desert for strategic reasons (e.g. to better quench hypoglycemia so as not to over-eat).
A. Vegan appetizing, detoxifying and immuno-boosint green drink made from cucumber, kale, wheat grass, carrots, ginger and lemon.
B. Vegan raw nut “cheese” cake: a living superfoods, (gluten-free, casein-free and sugar-free), with anti-angiogenic (anti-cancer) ellagic acid charged raspberries, (4) cachews (one of the most oily of the nut family, which also has lots of tryptophane, a great molecule that builds melatonine) synergistically blended with seaweed, lemon, coconut cream on a raw dehydrated nut and seed moist crust. (5)
C. Vegan raw paté à la zingara with raw dehydrated flax, sunflower and sesame crackers sprinkled with healing spices like ginger, pepper, cayenne and turmeric, which can help to target the fibroblast-tumor signaling interaction.
D. Walnut vegan paté: Flax meal, brown onion, parsly, walnuts, almond cheese, nutritional yeast, oilive and flax oil, coconut yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and a pinck of different spices.
F. Varied immuno-boosting greens with special gastric juice and ultra digestive gut feeding salad dressing made from garlic, apple cider vinegar, honey, oregano, basil, mint, pineapple, prebiotics and other goo dings that help feed the micro biome has its importance for the prevention and treatment of many diseases, including cancers).
G. Vegan raw pizza on a seed and nut dehydrated crust topped with quercetin-rich onions (or shallots), detoxifying cilantro, bacterial regulating hot peppers and chlorella, lutein-rich tomatoes, Vitamin-B 12 mushrooms and a fermented vegan nut cheese for both the flavor and the prolytic enzymes that will help to digest said pizza with minimum gastric endeavors. (The mushrooms are wild golden chanterelles and black trumpets, both of which are abundant in the Pyrenean Center’s forest).
H. Soup: Warmed up (below 118 F) shitake-mataiki anti-radiation spicy miso soup rich in psyllium and other ingredients that will help stimulate the digestive and immune systems while promoting peristalsis, thrombosis dissolution, blood pressure regulation and optimal longevity. Instead of miso, this soup is enriched with vegan nut cheese.
I. Vegan “feel-good” raw chocolate mousse. Therein, the cholesterol eggs and animal saturated fats-cholesterols and sugars of mainstream conventional chocolate mousses are replaced by dates, avocados, almonds, brazil nuts (rich in selenium) among other ingredients, including, but not limited to coconut butter, psyllium, maca, lucuma, bananas and other supernutrients.
J. A sedative digesting testosterone boosting strawberry-raspberry-lemon mint mousse. This Pyrenean Holistic Medicine Center’s speciality is both digestive and sedative. Eggs are replaced with avocados, the milk, with almonds, the sugar with dates, in combination with superfoods that will help to activate the feel good and longevity hormones, including, but not limited to cachews (rich in tryptophane, a constituent of melatonine, necessary for restorative sleep), cherries (rich in phyto-malatonine) and mucuna pruriens, a velvety bean which is rich in L-dopa, a powerful neuro-protector that also has many other health properties, from its ability to modulate the dopamine system, targeting the anti-depression pathway as well as to darken white hair, boost fertility and elevate serum testosterone levels, thanks to which a good night sleep can prepare an active awakening for the following day. (6).
K. Another “feel good” hormone and neuro-transmitter balancing desert in the form of a medicinal cacao brownie split with an coconut-almond-caches-dates-honey paste. In addition, therein we have seaweed and omega 3 rich chia, psyllium and flax seeds (which also helps to thicken the cake while helping to feed the good gut flora), a zest of lemon and a pinch of celtic salt (to enhance the taste). For the inner cream, it may be of interest to know that coconut butter is rich in antioxydants and lauric acid. Lauric acid stimulates the immune system and its sterols thereby reinforcing bones and a good functioning of the pancreas. Furthermore, the mousse’s red raspberry and ellagic acid reduce endogenous oxidative DNA damage by mechanisms which may involve a significant boost in DNA repair. This brownie is topped with black raspberry on a bedding of coconut-lemon-honey whipped cream.
L. Raw superfoods peace berry pie with vegan custard cream on top of a dehydrated seed and nut crust and topped with mint.
M. Pyrenean Center’s dark chocolate-dates trufles.
N. Sunflower seeds gently sprouting. Although sunflower seeds can be eaten directly raw once the husk is removed and if organic, they are easier to digest and become richer in nutrients once soaked and sprouted. The soaking helps to remove its insect protecting anti-enzyme substances while sprouting makes the nutrients more bioavailable, for example, magnesium and calcium bind to protein, a process that promotes a stronger bioavailability. The vitamin, mineral and essential fatty acid content of sunflowers also increase during the sprouting process. Sunflower sprouts also help extract more of the nutrients (vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and essential fats) from the foods with which they are paired, thanks to their abundant digestive enzymes. Sprouting equally helps to alkalize tissues. Sunflower sprouts are high in phytosterols, which can help lower oxidized cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) etc.
For the full story on sunflowers and health, please see the Institute’s blog.
PS. During the Workshop, there will be an abundance of supporting documents and references that will substantiate all of the claims that have been made about these dishes.
Today, there are thousands of studies that show how the SAD (standard American diet) and its contemporary version the MAD (modern Ameican diet) are destroying the very fabric of Nation’s health. These types of necro-food are the government’s endorsed diet, just like cigarettes have been subsidized and allowed to be marketed. It took more than 5000 studies and hundreds of court cases and millions of death before the United State’s Surgeon General’s reported timid tobacco toxicity warnings on cigarette labels (1962). While these chronic disease tobacco time bombs are still legal, today, those who have usurped the Government’s mandate are not even requiring the labeling of GMO foods, let alone objective GMO testing and the type of diets we are promoting. Hence, the relevance of inquiring and practicing advanced holistic diets via these proposed dishes. (7)
10 hours: Date and place to be determined. Price: To be determined, with brochure and power point presentations.
Workshop organized by Pr Joubert, biogerontologist, naturopath and holistic oncologist (from the traditional naturopathic school of medicine that goes back to Dr Hippocrates’ training, over 2000 years ago).
And God said: behold, i have given you every herb bearing seed , which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed: to you it shall be your food”. Genesis: 1:19
Top: Comparison in photo-energy between a cooked and a raw piece of cabbage. Among other deleterious effects, cooking destroys living enzymes, vitamin C (an electron donor) and other molelcules.
PRECISION AND REFERENCE NOTES
(1). While meats may have life enhancing molecules like arginine, methionine and b 12, they are also rich in ptomaines, cholesterol, plaque formation (including via gut mechanisms) and deprive the body of immune defense and enzymes. Be that as it may, when animal flesh is ingested, we will show why it is important to have wine. Individualized menus are possible, including with small raw wild-caught fish and quality raw goat or sheep organic cheese for their calcium distributing K2 vitamin and gut promoting bacteria. But in this case, moderate use of wine is therapeutically indicated since it helps to digest fish & cheese while raising hdl cholesterol and lowering triglycerides, among other beneficial effects that we will examine.
(2). Some of which are the Burger-Seignalet, Cousens-Wolf, the Brandt-Nolfi, the Breuss-Gerson, the Whigmore-Clement, Atkins-Gonzalez, Hunza-Nicoya, Mediterranean-Okinawa, Pigmees-Inuit, Budwig-Cousmine, Ornish-Esselstyn approaches, among others.
(3) Cacao is endowed with many health enhancing properties, from antioxydants, to magnesium and dopamine precursors, it also generates a stimulating boost of phenylethylamine (PEA), a chemical that is naturally produced when one falls or rises in love as well as anandamide, a bliss-producing endorphin also made by the body under the right conditions and theobromine, which helps to keep the heart strong and other interesting molecules.
(4). Ellagic acid is a natural phenol antioxidant found in numerous fruits and vegetables. Ellagic acid is the dilactone of hexahydroxydiphenic acid. Ellagic acid is found in oaks species like the North American white oak (Quercus alba) and European red oak (Quercus robur). Ellagic acid can be found in the medicinal mushroom Phellinus linteus.The highest levels of ellagic acid are found in blackberries, cranberries, pecans, pomegranates, raspberries, strawberries, walnuts, wolfberries, and grapes. Ellagic acid has antiproliferative and antioxidant properties in a number of in vitro and small-animal models.The antiproliferative properties of ellagic acid may be due to its ability to directly inhibit the DNA binding of certain carcinogens, including nitrosamines and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Cf. D. A. Vattem and K. Shetty (2005). “Biological Function of Ellagic Acid: A Review”. Journal of Food Biochemistry 29 (3): 234–266.
(5) DNA damage is a pre-requisite for the initiation of cancer and agents that reduce this damage are useful in cancer prevention. In this study, we evaluated the ability of whole berries and berry phytochemical, ellagic acid to reduce endogenous oxidative DNA damage. Ellagic acid was selected based on >95% inhibition of 8-oxodeoxyguosine (8-oxodG) and other unidentified oxidative DNA adducts induced by 4-hydroxy-17ß-estradiol and CuCl2 in vitro. Inhibition of the latter occurred at lower concentrations (10 μM) than that for 8-oxodG (100 μM). In the in vivo study, female CD-1 mice (n=6) were fed either a control diet or diet supplemented with ellagic acid (400 ppm) and dehydrated berries (5% w/w) with varying ellagic acid contents – blueberry (low), strawberry (medium) and red raspberry (high), for 3 weeks. Blueberry and strawberry diets showed moderate reductions in endogenous DNA adducts (25%). However, both red raspberry and ellagic acid diets showed a significant reduction of 59% (p < 0.001) and 48% (p < 0.01), respectively. Both diets also resulted in a 3–8 fold over-expression of genes involved in DNA repair such as xeroderma pigmentosum group A complementing protein (XPA), DNA excision repair protein (ERCC5) and DNA ligase III (DNL3). These results suggest that red raspberry and ellagic acid reduce endogenous oxidative DNA damage by mechanisms which may involve increase in DNA repair. Cf Int J Mol Sci. 2008 Mar; 9(3): 327–341.
(6). Mucuna pruriens contains L-DOPA, a precursor to the neurotransmitter dopamine and formulations of the seed powder have been studied for the management and treatment of Parkinson’s disease. In large amounts (ard 30g dose), it has been shown to be as effective as pure levodopa/carbidopa in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. In addition to L-DOPA, it contains minor amounts of serotonin, 5-HTP, dimethyltryptamine, bufotenine, and 5-MeO-DMT. M. pruriens has been used to enhance ayahuasca preparations in traditional amazonian medicine and as an aphrodisiac in Ayurvedic medicine. (cf Katzenschlager, R; Evans, A; Manson, A; Patsalos, PN; Ratnaraj, N; Watt, H; Timmermann, L; Van Der Giessen, R; Lees, AJ (2004). “Mucuna pruriens in Parkinson’s disease: a double blind clinical and pharmacological study”. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry 75 (12): 1672–7).
Copyright (c) 2019: Happiness Medicine Institutet and agents. All rights reserved.
DISCLAIMER. Nothing in this blog-website should be construed as medical or legal advise, including, but not limited to replies, comments and posts, all of which can not be deemed to constitute either a therapist-patient nor an attorney-client relationship. This entire website-blog has been designed to be used for educational and heuristic purposes, the substance of which is protected under the Second Amendment of the United States’ Federal Constitution and internationally recognized human rights norms.